The Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) is an opportunity for employers to invest in their current employees using government funding. This grant empowers businesses to provide resources for employees to enhance their skillset and advance their position and create opportunities for new employees to enter the workforce. New Horizons can help your business leverage this opportunity to access high-quality training and development.
How does the Canada-Ontario Job Grant work?
The COJG combines federal and provincial funding to subsidize training for employers and employees. Approval for funding is granted on a first-come, first-served basis, with annual funding corresponding to the government’s fiscal year (April 1 to March 31).
Unlike many other grant and subsidy programs, the Canada Ontario Job Grant is a quick and simple process to access funding when you need it. New Horizons has the experience to help you access this funding and we will provide you with the information, documents and contacts you need in order to move quickly and with no difficulty.
- Employers can get up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs.
- The training has to be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer.
- Employers with 100 or more employees need to contribute 1/2 of the training costs. Small employers with less than 100 employees need to contribute 1/6 of training costs.
- For employer groups who want to apply for training supports the government offers a COJG Consortium Stream. The Consortium Stream allows a group of employers (two or more employers) to pool their resources to support common training objectives and goals. To apply as a consortium, the intermediary organization needs to ensure all the participating employers and trainees meet COJG requirements, and are able to make their required contribution towards the training cost.
- Most organizations acting as an intermediary are eligible for administrative funding equal to 15% of the government contribution.
(Source: Government of Ontario)
Who can apply?
Private and non-profit organizations are eligible for application. The program is designed to improve existing skills and develop new skills for employees.
How can my organization apply?
Our team is experienced and will work closely with you to simplify the process. New Horizons will create and provide necessary documentation and coordinate communication with COJG representatives.
How does the process work?
The process involves six steps:
- Identify and document the business’ training needs and costs.
- Submit documentation for COJG funding approval.
- Once approved, schedule and purchase training with New Horizons.
- Employer receives 80% reimbursement of approved training subsidy when training begins.
- Submit proof that training is complete.
- Employer receives remaining 20% reimbursement of approved training subsidy when training is complete.
Which courses are available?
New Horizons offers a wide range of expertly taught courses that can be accessed using the Canada-Ontario Job Grant.
To apply for training with New Horizons under the Canada-Ontario Job Grant, call us at
647-956-8193 or email us at email@example.com.